Our Emergency Room operates 7 day service from 10am to 6pm Monday - Friday and Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday from 10am to 5pm.
The above times are subject to change. Please call the Galway Clinic Emergency Room directly on 091 785999 so we can begin to plan for your care.
Every patient is provided with:
- Immediate access to a Consultant’s opinion
- Same day investigations
- Immediate management plan
- Prompt discharge letter
Access to the Emergency Room
Patients can access our Emergency Room in a number of different ways:
1. Walk-in without making an appointment between 10am - 6pm Monday-Friday & 10am - 5pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday.
2. Phone-in so we can plan your treatment in advance.
3. GP Referral – contact your GP and your GP will contact us. We will then call you to arrange your appointment.
4. GPs can send patients in via a Private ambulance (phone ER first)
Patients that can be seen at our Emergency Room:
Patients who need the following services can be seen at our Emergency Room:
- General Surgery, Medical, Urology and Orthopedic patients
- Acute and sub acute trauma
- Acute and sub acute musculoskeletal conditions
- Sports injuries
- Abdominal pain
- Soft tissue infections
- Suspected Deep Vein Thrombosis
Please note that Children under the age of 5 years of age cannot be seen in the Emergency Room.
Children aged between 5-16 years of age can be treated for minor injuries only. Please call our Emergency Room on 091 - 785999 for more information.
What a patient can expect on arrival at our Emergency Room:
Patients are seen and assessed by a nurse and by an ER consultant in line with best practice in Emergency Medicine. A management plan will be formulated and any necessary laboratory or radiology investigations will be performed.
Should a patient require admission to hospital, the patient will be admitted under the care of a Consultant Specialist appropriate to their condition.
- Early diagnosis
- Same day consultation with a Consultant
- One-stop shop with all investigations on site
How much will it cost
All patients will be charged an initial consultation fee of €140. If the Consultant deems that additional diagnostic tests are required, a fee will apply for these tests, however all Emergency room fees are capped at a maximum fee of €495.
Some of the Emergency Room fees and associated charges may be recoverable through your health insurance, subject to your out-patient excess, and the balance through the MED 1 form.
Please contact your own medical health insurer for further details on cover provided.
Details of fees for the appropriate Laboratory, Radiology or other tests deemed necessary by the Consultant are available at the Emergency Room reception desk.
Should admission be required, your admission will be covered by your insurance company in the usual way.
Contact us if you have any further queries on: 091 785 999