The Emergency Room at the Galway Clinic aims to provide excellence in patient care by harnessing the collective talent, professionalism, knowledge and enthusiasm of our staff.
We aim to serve the community by transforming the way health care is delivered.
CNM 2 (Acting)
Brenda Ronayne 091 785772
About the unit
Our Emergency Room operates 7 days a week from 10am to 6pm Monday - Friday and 10am to 5pm on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday.
Every patient is provided with:
- Immediate access to a Consultant’s opinion
- Same day investigations
- Immediate management plan
- Prompt discharge letter
How to access the Emergency Room?
Patients can access our Emergency Room in a number of different ways:
1. Walk-in without making an appointment between 10am and 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 5pm on Saturdays.
2. Phone-in 091 785999 so we can plan your treatment in advance.
3. GP Referral – contact your GP and your GP will contact us.
GPs can send patients in via a Private ambulance (phone A&E first 091 785999)
A standard Emergency Room Fee of €140 will be charged for all patients who attend The Galway Clinic Emergency Room.
All tests carried out such as Blood Tests, Radiology Tests will also be charged to the patient. Please see price list displayed or speak with our Registration/Admin Clerk.
A maximum/capped ER fee of €495 will be charged to patients regardless of how many tests are performed.
Health Expenses paid can be claimed back through some/all of the following options.
• MED 1 Form
• Alliance School Insurance (if applicable )
• Outpatient expense claims with the relevant Insurer
If you have Medical Insurance your policy may provide you with cover for some or all of your treatment in the Emergency Room and if you require Admission to the hospital.
Please note that Children under the age of 4 cannot be seen in the Emergency department.