The Emergency Room at the Galway Clinic aims to provide excellence in patient care by harnessing the collective talent, professionalism, knowledge and enthusiasm of our staff.
We aim to serve the community by transforming the way health care is delivered.
About the unit
Our Emergency Room operates 7 days a week from 10 am to 6 pm Monday - Friday and 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday.
Every patient is provided with:
- Immediate access to Consultants trained in Emergency Care
- Same day investigations
- Immediate management plan
- Prompt discharge letter
How to access the Emergency Room?
Patients can access our Emergency Room in a number of different ways:
1. Walk-in without making an appointment between 10 am and 6 pm Monday to Friday and 10 am to 5 pm on Saturdays.
2. Phone-in 091 785999 so we can plan your treatment in advance.
3. GP Referral – contact your GP and your GP will contact us.
GPs can send patients in via a Private ambulance (phone A&E first 091 785999)
Patients presenting with a GP referral letter will be charged €175
Patients presenting with no GP referral letter will be charged €225.
All tests carried out such as Blood Tests, Radiology Tests will also be charged to the patient. Please see price list displayed or speak with our Registration/Admin Clerk.
A maximum/capped ER fee of €595 will be charged to patients regardless of how many tests are performed.
Health Expenses paid can be claimed back through some/all of the following options.
• MED 1 Form
• Alliance School Insurance (if applicable )
• Outpatient expense claims with the relevant Insurer
If you have Medical Insurance your policy may provide you with cover for some or all of your treatment in the Emergency Room and if you require Admission to the hospital.
Please note that Children under the age of 4 cannot be seen in the Emergency Department.