Welcome to the Galway Clinic Department of Physiotherapy.
Our mission is to provide you with the highest standard of assessment, treatment and onward management of your condition. If you would like more detailed information about any of our services please do not hesitate to ask us.
We utilise a multi-disciplinary approach to assess, advise and provide a full range of care for:
- Back and Neck pain including Whiplash, Long-term (Chronic) pain and Sciatica.
- Joint and Muscle pain including Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI), Sports injuries and Arthritis.
- Women and Men's Health & Continence issues:
- Osteoporosis-Advice and Exercise prescription
- Pre and post-surgical treatment for Hip/Knee/Shoulder/Ankle/Spine
- Pre and Post-operative phase of cardiothoracic and abdominal surgeries
- Vestibular Rehabilitation for inner ear disorders that disrupt balance and gait.
- Oncology, Physiotherapy Lymphoedema Service
- Neurological Conditions including Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, and Multiple Sclerosis
Physiotherapy Department programmes are based on the best evidence with a strong emphasis on active rehabilitation. You will have full access to our gym suite and your physiotherapist will supervise your exercises ensuring correct technique to maximise your health and fitness recovery.
We are also accredited experts in Joint Manipulation, Massage, Soft Tissue Release and Acupuncture & Dry needling techniques. An important part of our role is to inform and educate in a straightforward format for you to gain from.
The better you are informed the more likely you will recover to ensure your safe return to work, sport and recreation and, most importantly be able to prevent recurrence of your injury.
Our other State-of-the-Art services include:
- Isokinetic assessment and rehabilitation ( a computerised measurement of muscle strength and endurance).
- Biomechanical gait analysis (a computerised 3D measurement of your foot function as you walk or run across a pressure plate)
- Orthotics (insoles) prescription.
- Pilates Classes
- Acupuncture & Dry needling techniques·
- Oncology, Lymphoedema Service. Complex Decongestive Therapy (CDT) is recognised as the treatment of first choice for Lymphoedema. The precisely co-ordinated interaction of simple lymphatic drainage, lymphoedema bandaging, skin care, compression therapy and exercise is effectively combined as (CDT) for patients with lymphoedema·
- Personalised exercise programmes
- Pre-participation team assessment
- Occupational Health
- Medico-Legal / Insurance Services
- Electrotherapy such as:
Ø Low Frequency Ultrasound
Ø EMG Biofeedback,
Ø Muscle Stimulation including the pelvic floor region
A Non-invasive solution for Chronic pain in the Shoulder, back, neck, heel, knee or elbow.
Clinical studies report a success rate above 75% making it a breakthrough in non-invasive Pain Management and Mobility Restoration.
Radial Shock waves are created by strong acoustic (sound) energy pulses. They have been shown to stimulate the metabolism and blood flow to increase the oxygen delivery to the biological tissues. This has been shown to encourage tissue healing and reduce pain significantly.
Access To Physiotherapy Department
Patients can access our physiotherapy service in a number of ways:
1. Self-referral - you can contact us directly to arrange an appointment.
2. Consultant/GP/Health Professional referral – contact your doctor/healthcare professional and they will contact us. We will then call you to arrange your appointment.
Our fees for physiotherapy treatment are eligible for cover by the major health insurance companies and other health insurance schemes.
We provide Early to Evening weekday appointments.
Physiotherapy Department contact details:
- TEL: 091 78 5450/ 5457
- FAX: 091 78 5453
- E-Mail: email@example.com