MR ANDREW HANNAH
BMBS, MSc, FRCS Trauma and Orthopaedics
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Mr Andrew Hannah is a highly qualified, Fellowship trained Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in all aspects of lower limb surgery; including hip and knee replacements, knee related sports injuries and common foot and ankle disorders.
Originally from Yorkshire in the UK, Mr Hannah is a graduate of Brighton and Sussex Medical School, has a Distinction from the University of Salford for his postgraduate Masters (MSc) in Trauma and Orthopaedics and is a Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI).
Following successful completion of his extensive Orthopaedic Higher Surgical Training (HST) in the South Yorkshire Deanery, Mr Hannah gained further sub-specialist experience on an international Fellowship in Christchurch, New Zealand. Where he honed his skills in lower limb and arthroplasty surgery prior to relocating to Galway with his Irish wife Claire and their three sons.
Apart from spending time with his family Mr Hannah remains a keen sportsman with interest in cycling, rowing, and golf, giving him a good insight into the demands of training and competition.
Whilst his area of expertise includes all of the procedures listed below, Mr Hannah is particularly interested in knee preservation and knee replacement surgery. His goal is to maintain a high level of pain free function; so that his patients can get back to enjoying the activities that they love as quickly and as safely as possible.
Treatments offered include but are not limited to the following:
- Total Hip Replacement – Cemented & Uncemented
- Total Knee Replacement - Primary & Revision
- Unicompartmental (Partial) Knee Replacement - medial / lateral / PFJ
- Knee Arthroscopy (Keyhole Surgery)
- Knee Ligament Surgery - ACL / MPFL Reconstruction
- Patellofemoral (knee cap) Instability Surgery
- Knee Osteotomy (knee realignment) Surgery
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Ankle Ligament Stabilisation
- Ankle Arthritis Surgery - Total Ankle Replacement / Fusion
- Achilles Tendon Injury Management and Surgery
- Hallux Valgus (Bunion) Surgery
- Toe Deformity Correction Surgery