Please ensure you have the following items ready for your stay at the Galway Clinic Same day Surgery Unit:
- Have you brought you personal ID - i.e Passport or Driving Licence?
- Have you brought your medications and a current medication list from your GP/Pharmacy? Plesae note this cannot be your own handwritten list. You can ask your GP/Pharmacy to fax it to us on 091 785480
- Have you checked your level of cover with your insurer for your procedure in the Galway Clinic?
- Do you need to pay an excess on your insurance plan or do you need to make a self-pay payment on admission?
- Do you have non-slip slippers/socks? (Please note that non slip socks are available for purchase in the Galway Clinic shop for €4.50
- Do you have your dressing gown and toiletries with you?
- Have you contacted your consultant for instructions if fasting is required for your procedure?
- Have you contacted your consultant to see if you need to bring a urine sample?
- Have you put travel arrangements in place as you will be unable to drive if you are having a general anesthetic or sedation?
Have you informed the Galway Clinic if you have the following?
- History of MRSA/VRE/CRE/ESBL
- Diarrhoea, vomiting or flu like symptoms in the last 48 hours
- Have you any open sores or ulcers
- If you have been a resident in a nursing home or a patient in another hospital in the last 6 months.
Please don't hesitate to contact the Admissions manager if you have any special requirements whilst you are staying in the Galway Clinic: 091 785813.
Our aim is to make your stay in the Galway Clinic as pleasant as possible.